Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Worship from the inside out

This afternoon Sharron, Josh, Stephanie, Alyse and I arrived in Cummings Ga. to attend the Hillsong concert. WOW! It was fantastic! They began their American tour in Miami over the weekend and tonight was their second concert on this tour. I have several pictures I wanted to post however I am setting in a business center at a Holiday Inn Express and do not have access to the computer to place my memory card from my camera. So disappointed....

It was great to see Alyse raise her hands in worship. I had tears in my eyes as I worshipped the Lord. Josh and Steph shared with me that on Sunday they heard a great message about worship. They shared that our worship to the Lord should begin inward. Then our worship should share outward. Then our worship turns upward to our Great God.

I saw the evidence of this tonight. As the "concert" began the worship leader made it clear they Hillsong was NOT here to entertain or perform but to lead us in worship. The first song spoke to my heart and I sensed the presence of God in a powerful way. There were tears in my eyes before the first song came to a close. As I looked around I was taken back by the large crowd - well over 5,000 gathered in the outdoor amphitheatre. I could tell that our corporate worship was turning to a witness of our common love for the Lord. It is powerful to hear the voices of thousands singing praise to our mighty God! It did not take long for our hands to be lifted in worship and the focus of the evening directed upon the God of our salvation.

I am so glad that we had this opportunity to hear Hillsong live. Since I was unable to post the pictures I had for this evening I will at least leave you with a clip to experience a taste of Hillsong.




Here are the words:
A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Chorus 2x
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord, my soul cries out


My prayer is that on Sunday at NRN we will enter into a worship experience as we enter into the worship center. Let us prepare our hearts for God to invade our presence in a powerful way.

No comments: