Saturday, June 27, 2009

A herd of buffalo, a pride of lions, 2 crocodiles and a spiritual application

As I sit at my desk and pray for the worship experience at NRN tomorrow I spend time to worship and then jump into the Word of God and ask the Holy Spirit to give me the right words to share. I have studied and prepared. The powerpoint is prepared - the sermon notes are printed and placed in the worship folders. Now - I focus on preparing my soul and spirit to be receptive to the leading of God as I stand before His people.

Here is part of my worship:








As I preach from 1 Peter chapter 5 I am moved by a powerful example found on youtube.

Let me set it up:

Soon to be featured on NBC's Dateline! It has been featured on National Geographic, Animal Planet and ABC.

It is a battle between a pride of lions, a herd of buffalo, and 2 crocodiles at a watering hole in South Africa's Kruger National Park while on safari.

This is an 8 minute -yet captivating video.





Here is the spiritual application:

1. We need each other - It is never wise to go solo in the world today.

2. Satan is like a lion - seeking whom he may destroy.

3. When things in life are difficult - they can always get worse ( here comes the crocodiles)

4. Just when it looks like the end is near - the herd can come to your rescue.

Find a local church and join the herd in order to escape the lions and crocodiles of life.


If you are looking for a great church in the Raleigh NC area - check us out at NRN.

1 comment:

Lisa Mayfield said...

I agree wholeheartedly that we need each other. I know from personal experience how the devil can work when we are isolated or isolate ourselves from others. I so thankful for the prayers and support from my Christian friends and church family. God has used others often to minister to me in difficult times. He is faithful.