Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A trustworthy friend - John Maxwell

Last evening at dinner a good friend asked me if I had heard the news about John Maxwell. When I replied "No", he shared some disturbing news. I asked if he could help me verify the information. Here is the surprising news about John Maxwell:



WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- March 17, 2009

Best selling author and teaching pastor at Christ Fellowship Church, John C. Maxwell was arrested Thursday at Palm Beach International Airport for trying to board a plane with a concealed weapon.

The arrest probable cause affidavit from the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says that shortly before noon, Maxwell was going through the TSA screening at PBIA concourse C.According to the report, the TSA screener noticed a hand gun displayed inside a brown briefcase. Maxwell told TSA officials that the gun was given to him by a friend.

Maxwell was charged with possession of a concealed weapon while attempting to board an airplane.John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Maxwell speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Academy at West Point, the National Football League, and ambassadors at the United Nations..... To read more click HERE

John Maxwell has been released from jail on bond.

John has responded to the incident on his blog saying, "Truly, it’s one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done. You can probably guess the rest. I was arrested, handcuffed, and taken to jail, where I was fingerprinted and photographed. Needless to say, it opened my eyes to a world I’d seen only in the movies. I was glad when I posted bail and was able to leave."You can read his complete blog entry by clicking HERE


I have the privilege of personally knowing John Maxwell for over 30 years. We have enjoyed a good friendship during this time. He has stayed in my home and we have eaten many meals together. He is a man of the highest integrity. It is pure John Maxwell to admit his honest mistake and apply it to create a leadership lesson. I feel bad about this blemish upon John's judgement - but I can't help but believe that John will face this with peace in his heart and humbleness of spirit.
Here is the clip he used to describe this event in his life.



I conclude ~ My friend John Maxwell is one of the most trustworthy individuals I have ever know.

No comments: