Thursday, March 14, 2013

What makes Phil Robertson Happy, Happy, Happy!

I recently saw several postings on facebook about a recent interview with Phil Robertson.

Here is the text of the interview:

I'm currently 66 years old. That's how long I've been on planet Earth. When I was 28, I was sort of into "sex, drugs, and rock and roll," as they say. Some guy with a Bible came into a beer joint that I was running and he wanted to talk it over. I basically ran him out of the place. My sister is the one that brought him and while he was in the back trying to get a Bible study going with the old guy here, yours truly, she's in the front handing out Bible tracts. That created a little bit of a ruckus in the beer joint.


I had to go out there and tell everybody, "Look, the girl wants to hand out Bible tracts. Take them, throw them into the trash can, do whatever you want, but don't be messing with my sister here. I'll break your legs." So, I ran the guy off. But later on I looked him back up as my life was pretty much going south in a hurry.



So at 28, I finally sit down and listened for the first time in my life to the story about Jesus of Galilee, the one we're all counting time by. It is currently 2,013 years since Jesus got here. 2013 A.D. Anno Domini. So we're all counting time by Jesus. I just decided to follow him 38 years ago when I heard that He, in fact, was God in flesh. Not only was He God in flesh, it took the blood of God to remove my "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" lifestyle — sin.

Well, I'm sitting there listening and I'm like, "Man, that was a mighty kind thing to do for a scumbag like me." Not only that, it wouldn't do me any good, though, if something could not be done about the six-foot hole I'm going into (and you too, by the way).

So we're all sinners, Jesus dies on a cross to remove all of them, so you can go, "I'm guilty no longer. The price has been paid." God coming down in flesh did that. It's actually too wild a story to dream up by human beings, especially sinful ones. Three days later he guarantees me not only did He have the power to remove my sin, but He had the power to energize dead cold flesh so it can stand back up on the earth again.

Because of what Jesus has done, his death on a cross and his resurrection, He's guaranteed you that you will live. So, as Jesus would put it, "Whoever lives and believes in Me will never die."
If you're not a believer and you don't believe God exists at all, about the only hope you have is He not be there. That's your hope: "Maybe He's not there." What we're saying is: "We trust that He is."


1 comment:

Melody Phillips said...

The Robertsons' are all a breath of fresh air. They live and talk and walk the walk of great Christian people. Doesn't a christain have the right to believe in God and speak the truth, as the Bible has said it. What crime has it done to not work for A&E? I do believe that the family will back out of the TV deal, because of their faith in Jesus and their respect of Phil. With abundance of Christian love Melody Phillips, Weatherford, Texas