Sunday, June 23, 2013

Reflections from my message today

Here is a reflection from my message this morning:

In my message I said: "Today we are taking the lid off the game Trivial Pursuit and I want to talk about priorities.  Trivial Pursuit is a board game in which progress is determined by a player's ability to answer general knowledge and popular culture questions. You see, its one thing to be educated, to have knowledge, it is quite another to have wisdom. Wisdom is the application of knowledge. Wisdom is knowing what to do with all of that trivial information that is floating around in our brains. And unfortunately we live in a society that is filled with knowledge and yet lacking greatly in wisdom. We have a lot of intelligent people that are living their lives in very trivial ways."
 
I quoted A.W. Tozer:
 
"I want deliberately to encourage this mighty longing after God. The lack of it has brought us to our present low estate. The stiff and wooden quality about our religious lives is a result of our lack of holy desire. Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth. Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people. He waits to be wanted. Too bad that with many of us He waits so long, so very long, in vain."
                                                  ~Aiden Wilson Tozer  (A.W. Tozer)
 
I closed with a similar illustration:
 


No comments: