Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Preparing for tonight's Prayer Encounter at NRN - The Prayer of Jabez



One of my favorite prayers from the Scriptures.










“Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, ‘Because I bore him in pain.’ And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, ‘Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!’ So God granted him what he requested”                        
                                                                                  1 Chronicles 4:9-10


Several years ago I preached a teaching series from these verses in a six week series.  I used an acrostic from a well known store in North Carolina.  See if you recognize it:



Out of being born in pain and suffering:  Jabez prayed


- Bless me

E  - Enlarge my territory

L  - Lead me by your hand

K  - Keep me from evil

S  - So God granted him what he requested.



Tonight we gather for prayer at 6:30 in the Fireside Room of North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene.  You are welcomed to join us for this weekly prayer encounter. Tonight I anticipate a visitation of the Holy Spirit upon our time together.   Come on - join us.   You will be glad you did!


No comments: