Sunday, December 27, 2015

Living a full life in God




Living a full life in God
Psalm 143


Hear my prayer, O Lord; answer my plea because you are faithful to your promises. Don’t bring me to trial! For as compared with you, no one is perfect.
My enemies chased and caught me. They have knocked me to the ground. They force me to live in the darkness like those in the grave. I am losing all hope; I am paralyzed with fear.
I remember the glorious miracles you did in days of long ago. I reach out for you. I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain. Come quickly, Lord, and answer me, for my depression deepens; don’t turn away from me or I shall die.Let me see your kindness to me in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for my prayer is sincere. Save me from my enemies. O Lord, I run to you to hide me. 10 Help me to do your will, for you are my God. Lead me in good paths, for your Spirit is good.
11 Lord, saving me will bring glory to your name. Bring me out of all this trouble because you are true to your promises. 12 And because you are loving and kind to me, cut off all my enemies and destroy those who are trying to harm me; for I am your servant.                                                                            Psalm 143 (NLT)


Have you been in a place like David where you feel crushed? We need to stop transferring the pain and start living transformed in God. How can the days ahead of us be lived fully in God?

We can change our narrative like David did (v. 5). He was in despair and going through a list of everything wrong in his life, but then he remembers God’s goodness. Even in the midst of difficulty, we need to remember the good things God has done for us.

David meditates on the good things God has done. He stopped focusing on the bad and started focusing on the good.


Living a full life in God:

  • David remembers God’s goodness (v. 5).
I remember the glorious miracles you did in days of long ago.                                           Psalm 143:5

Stop talking about all the things that are wrong and start talking about the things that are good. Linger on God’s goodness.

  •   David hears and learns from God (v. 8).
Let me see your kindness to me in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for my prayer is sincere.                          Psalm 143:8


He silences the many voices in his life to hear God’s voice. What voices are winning in your life? Start listening to God’s voice.

  •  David hides himself in God’s ways (v. 9).
Save me from my enemies. O Lord, I run to you to hide me. 
                                                    Psalm 143:9(NLT)


Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; I take refuge in You. 
                                                       Psalm 143:9 (NASB)

He takes refuge in Him. He lets God have control of his life. Only God can take care of the enemies, but we have to take refuge in Him.


If you do things God's way, the things He has taught you in the Scripture, you will be where He wants you to be. Doing things God’s way may take us into some new and uncomfortable places. But if you want different results, you need to do things differently.

NEW THINGS TO DO in 2016


  • Join a small group.
  • Get financial education.
  • Seek marital counseling.
  • Spend time in God’s Word each morning.
  • Deal with a difficult situation.
  • Lead your home spiritually.
  • Commit to a life of prayer.
  • Share your faith.

No comments: