Thursday, April 21, 2016

Happy Birthday to Sharron!


I want to be sure and express my love for my beautiful wife and best friend - Sharron. 

 God brought her into my life when I was a youth pastor at a church in Charlotte, NC. I had just graduated from college. Sharron had just earned her RN degree and was recruited by a hospital in Charlotte. It was almost love at first sight. We began to date within days after meeting and were married five months later. That was the summer of 1978. God blessed us with twin daughters in November 1980 as we began our family. We departed Charlotte in 1981 to move to the Northern Virginia area. This was the launching pad for our journey of ministry.  

From Northern Virginia - a short term in Bartlesville, OK. - then back to Northern Va. to complete 12 years of ministry.  Then God took us to Marion, In.  



The next ministry position was in Sturgis, Mi.  With our daughters in college and Sharron and I facing a new stage of life as empty nesters we accepted a new ministry position in the state of Kansas as we moved to Topeka, KS. When our youngest daughter married and several years later told us our first grandchild was soon to enter the world - we once again felt the leading of God for a ministry transition. God opened the door to relocate us to North Carolina and we began serving in Raleigh, NC.

Sharron, for all the times of relocation, your commitment to me and loyalty to our marriage has never wavered. I know you like to say "Divorce was never an option - but murder has been contemplated."  No one knows me better or loves me more dearly than you. My life is incomplete without you.  






These are our best days as I sit at a kitchen table in our daughter's home and listen to you leading the session of home schooling 2 of our grandchildren. My mind goes back to hearing you teaching our daughters in the same manner years ago.  In many ways, things have not changed - but we are facing major changes in our life right now. We sit together - hand in hand - in God's Waiting Room anticipating the leading of God in our life. 

God has blessed us as we celebrate 38 years of marriage this coming June.

Sharron, on your birthday I once again want to express my love and admiration for you and once again publicly declare my love for you.

No comments: