Saturday, November 12, 2016

Preparing for worship at Gastonia 1st on November 13 2016

Tomorrow at Gastonia First Wesleyan Church will be an awesome day to be in church.  Last week was a landmark sermon by Pastor Jim Cymbala entitled " My House shall be a House of Prayer."

Tomorrow we build upon this truth and enter into a season of seeking God and desire an intimate relationship with HIM!




Intimacy is what we call the experience of really knowing and being known by another person.

Here are the songs we have prepared to lead us into worship:








As we enter into a time of prayer we plan to annoint a person with oil for the healing of his body.  In accordance with Scripture:  

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.                                       James 5:14-16 KJV


The choir will present a beautiful medley of songs. "Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee. "


I plan to bring a message from my heart based upon the anointed Word of God.

I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity..."            Jeremiah 29:11, 13-14a


For it is time to seek the Lord,
Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.   Hosea 10:12b

I plan to close my message with us standing together and singing a song of passion to the Lord:




If you live in the Gastonia area - I hope to see you at church tomorrow, I encourage you to come with your heart and mind receptive to the moving of the Holy Spirit and a heart seeking God. 

No comments: