Monday, September 21, 2009

Everyone needs a Coach

I am a BIG advocate of coaching. I have said to many pastors that if Tiger Woods - the number one golfer in the world needs a coach - what make us as humble pastors think we do not need a coach?


I am excited about beginning my coaching with a great group of pastors and a fantastic coach. I have come to the point in my life that if I am going to be a life-long learner, I will need to do more than read books and go to conferences.








Several months ago I had the opportunity to personally meet and connect with Nelson Searcy. Recently I was accepted into a tele-coaching network and now I have monthly access to the wisdom of Nelson; pastors in my network group, and special guest who join us on the network. Here is a little information about this unique opportunity I have.




The Nelson Searcy Tele-Coaching Network is a group of pastors that meet together monthly via telephone for training, coaching, and networking. The Coaching Network follows the outline of the nine Growth Barriers and eight Growth Systems as taught in Nelson Searcy workshops, and is customized according to the specific needs of those accepted.

Nothing can accelerate your growth or the growth of your church like being in a coaching network! Think of the impact of facing your specific growth challenges along with a group of like-minded leaders. This network coached once a month by someone who has already overcome those obstacles.



I was really attracted to this group when I read these words:



When You're Not Growing,
Your Church Is Not Growing!


Nelson Searcy is the founding and Lead Pastor of The Journey Church in New York City. The Journey is a multi-site, multicultural church with locations across metro New York City, including Manhattan, Jersey City, Brooklyn and Queens. With the majority of its growth coming from new believers, The Journey has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing and most innovative churches in America by Outreach Magazine. Nelson is the author of numerous books and church-growth resources, as well as a coach, consultant and strategist for some of the fastest-growing churches in America.

No comments: