Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09.09.09



Today marked a special day of ministry. My day was filled with several meetings throughout the day. One of the first task I accomplished this morning was to go to the web site for Leadership Network of "The Nines". My computer ran on this website all day - and every moment I could steal away from meetings I listened to the great and tremendous truths shared from some of America's great church leaders.

There were no breaks during the day. It was like a marathon, of sorts. Actually, it was like drinking from a firehose... lots of great information from over 70 speakers throughout the day. When I was able to sit and listen I noticed the live announcements and cut-ins at the top and bottom of each hour.

Here are some highlights of the schedule. This is not a complete list of every speakers but here is a sampling of what I heard. As I prepare this posting I am listening to the last two hours of insights. Today was a great day of encouragement. All times were CENTRAL:

9AM -- Troy Gramling, Mark Beeson, Anne Jackson, Dave Ferguson, Scott Hodge

10AM -- Perry Noble, Stacy Spencer

11AM -- Dino Rizzo, Nancy Beach, Steven Furtick, Reggie McNeal

12PM -- Craig Groeschel, Leonard Sweet, Greg Surratt, Jon Tyson

1PM -- Margaret Feinberg, Larry Osborne, Matt Carter, Pete Wilson

2PM -- Neil Cole, Reggie Joiner, JD Greear

3PM -- Mark Batterson, Dan Kimball, Mark DeYmaz

4PM -- Jud Wilhite, Brian McLaren, Bob Roberts, Rick McKinley, John Ortberg

5PM -- Alan Hirsch, John Bishop, Toby Slough, Ed Stetzer

6PM -- Mark Driscoll, Darrin Patrick, Brad Powell

7PM -- Darrin Whitehead, Brian Bloye

8PM -- Eric Bryant, Nancy Ortberg, Rick Warren

Great truth this evening:

Most churches don’t have systematic, sequential and intentional plan for moving people from come and see to come and die.

No comments: