Monday, September 30, 2013

What you are about to suffer - a message to the church....

As I begin to prepare for my message this coming Sunday I am made aware that the message of the Church at Smyrna is about suffering.

 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write:
The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life, says this:
‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.’    Rev. 2:8-11

Here is a clip I have watched in speaking to my heart about the suffering of Christians today:


No comments: