Saturday, August 30, 2014

Preparing for Worship on August 31, 2014

I expect our attendance may be low tomorrow during the holiday weekend, but my heart is filled with praise to the Lord for the message that He is stirring in my heart and soul.  This is the perfect Sunday to invite someone to join you for a life changing message.  The message this Sunday is from the life of Rebekah:

Today we ask Rebekah to join us in the race of life to give us insight about our life with God. Rebekah would say to us:

 “Little did I realize how a simple act of generosity would change my life and the lives of so many other people.  Little did I know that my actions were the answer to a servant’s prayer and the plan of my sovereign God. All I did was what I felt I should do. You must do the same: Give generously to others.”





 We begin with a welcome and call to prayer!  We continue to stand in  the presence of the Lord as we sing heart felt songs of worship:




A new version we premier this weekend that I believe will become a favorite of our church family to sing often:



We plan to greet one another and then join our hearts in prayer....
















We sing of God's unfailing love toward us...




We share about the opportunities to serve the Lord and to fellowship together.
With hearts of gratitude we bring our financial gifts to the Lord in worship.





Then he prayed, “O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. 





May it be that when I say to a girl, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I'll water your camels too’--let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.” 

Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder.                                                                                                    Genesis 24:12-15

No comments: