Monday, August 4, 2014

Trustworthy Sayings - a re-post from June 28, 2007

It has occurred to me that I began my 8th year of ministry at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene on August 3, 2014.   Yesterday was a landmark day for me at NRN!  Soon after Sharron and I relocated from Topeka, KS to Raleigh, NC I began a blog.  I thought it would be good to re-post my first blog under the heading Trustworthy Sayings.  Enjoy:

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Trustworthy Sayings for people like us.

Today I made a major revision on my blog. I now have a new heading and a passage of scripture God laid upon my heart.

I think about the people who read this blog. People like you. Normal. Everyday. Coffee drinking/Diet Coke sipping kind of people who are just trying to deal with life. Maybe just trying to deal with the day.From the outside, some of us appear to be people who are whole. That is, we appear to have it together. Others of us appear to be struggling. Still others of us may appear to be a mess.

The truth? What you see on the outside can be deceiving. Regardless of the way we may appear on the outside, on the inside, we all are lacking. We have fears and inadequacies that many of us go to great lengths to mask. At the core of our being is a great need for God. Yet, we often try our best to make it on our own.So I want you to know that when I post each day (about four to five days a week), I am thinking about people just like you. In fact, I sometimes picture people just like you, turning on their computer and finding this blog.

You may be single.
You may be a young father or mother.
You may be a widow.
You may be a church leader.
You may not see yourself as very "religious."
You may feel very connected with some special people in your life.
You may feel very alone.

Regardless, we have much in common.

What we have in common, however, may not be what you see on the outside. What we have in common is what is real and what may be lacking on the inside.

Some days you might read this blog and come away encouraged or helped in some way. Some days--well, it just didn't do much for you. Regardless, I really pray that in some way God would bless you and provide just what you need. Please feel free to comment at any time.
Since that first week of blogging, the counter I have placed on my blog, has registered over 84,000 views of my blog.  I now average over 100 views a week and growing. The views are not just from North Carolina or even the USA:



No comments: