Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Danielle's slow recovery is underway

Thank you for the notes and prayers for our daughter Danielle as we recovers from surgery last Friday. It brightened her day when the flowers arrived from Uncle Les and Ann (Sharron's brother and his family from Canada).

Danielle is recovering slowly. The pain in under control by medication however, the hours of sitting with her head at a 45 degree angle is beginning to take it's toll. She is unable to open her mouth very wide. Her favorite meal at this time is ice cream, which she eats with a baby spoon.

She will not let me near her with a camera. I can tell the emotional stress is growing and frustration is setting in. I am so glad she is here in Raleigh so we can take care of her.

We depart tomorrow morning for Charlotte so Danielle can meet with her surgeon. I will provide another update after we meet with the doctor. She so appreciates you kind comments and especially your prayers.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
I want you to know that I have been praying for you every day since Friday. You are heavy on my heart and I am praying that God will be everything that you need Him to be. Trust Him and let Him love on you during this time of stillness. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Aldyn

Lisa said...

Danielle,
You have been in my thoughts and prayer throughout the week. One of the most difficult task for me is to be still so I can only imagine what you are experiencing each day. Please remember how special you are to so many people especially to your Heavenly Father. Take one day at a time. I pray that you are blessed with healing each day.
Take care,
Lisa
NRCN

Lisa said...

Danielle,
You have been in my thoughts and prayer throughout the week. One of the most difficult task for me is to be still so I can only imagine what you are experiencing each day. Please remember how special you are to so many people especially to your Heavenly Father. Take one day at a time. I pray that you are blessed with healing each day.
Take care,
Lisa
NRCN