Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spiritual Emphasis Week


On Sunday morning October 26th I preached my first message at McAdenville Wesleyan Church for the spiritual emphasis week. As I stood to preach I felt the anointing of God. The service was well attended and several decisions were made at the first service as I preached one of my favorite messages - How much you matter to God.


The week went quickly as each night spiritual decisions were made. I appreciate the warm welcome and hospitality of people from the church. I enjoyed the time of fellowship with Pastor Brian Matherlee. A special surprise came on Tuesday evening when Mary (Foster) Ford and her family traveled from Spartanburg, SC to attend the service.

She and her sister Robin surprised Sharron and I as they and their family arrived at the service. Mary had a strong memory of the last time we saw each other. She was just old enough to come into the youth group. Her mother was watching our daughters as we loaded the U-haul moving truck to relocated from Charlotte to Herndon, Va. to begin our ministry at Christian Fellowship Church. We departed Charlotte on March 30, 1981 - the day President Ronald Reagan was shot and wounded by a lone gunman. It was a moving experience to see Mary and Robin. (No - not like moving with a U Haul - but a moving - touching moment in my heart...) They have matured into lovely women with beautiful children and loving husbands. I am glad they are still in the church and have such fond memories from their childhood of Sharron and I.

It was a great closing service for the church as Pastor Brian had people gather around him in prayer. It was touching to see people praying as we dedicated this church to the Lord! I believe a revival spirit has been stirred at the church.

Sharrron and I have enjoyed staying at the home of Josh and Stephanie in Indian Trail as we traveled the 42 miles to McAdenville each evening. I am thankful for this opportunity of ministry and hope that I have been faithful in preaching the Word of God and encouraging the church!

1 comment:

Joanie Richards said...

We're glad the services went well. Now, COME BACK TO RALEIGH!