Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Prayer time tonight at NRN - In Jesus Name

One week ago we gathered for prayer in room 133 at NRN.  It was an awesome time of prayer as we felt the presence of the Lord.  God ministered to our hearts and encouraged us.  There were several answers to prayer during the days that followed.  To name two: baby Micah was discharged from the hospital; and many new guest came to church this past Sunday.

As we walked out door of the prayer room I was surprised by a short conversation about the TV show Duck Dynasty. 

Here is a clip from YouTube that I found very interesting:


    This clip was recorded on a FLIP recording device.  Here is the transcript:


Phil Robertson, a.k.a. The Duck Commander, from the hit A&E reality television show Duck Dynasty (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. Central) talks with Brent High, Lipscomb University Associate A.D. for Spiritual Formation, about the ending to his prayers that are aired at the end of every episode of Duck Dynasty.

This footage was captured on November 8, 2012 at Phil's duck blind near his home
I'm sorry for the poor audio quality. I was recording this on a flip cam. Here's a transcript of what Phil said:

PHIL: Last night was the first time from all the episodes, cause I kept ragging them about it, because every time I would offer a prayer, you know, in Jesus name, amen. I noticed they always cut out in Jesus name and I thought, so I told them, I said, now I know you boys is just hired by A&E to film us doing what we do here. I said, but, we're all counting time by Him. I would think of all the individuals ever to walk on planet earth, the way it turned out, we only count time by one of them, ONE, I said Jesus of Galilee. I said I would think you wouldn't mind using His name in any situation since you're counting time by Him. And they're all really looking at me like we've never thought about that. I said well, I'm just sayin. If you're counting time by someone I would think He would be at least worthy of investigation. A lot, been a lot of characters on planet earth, I said you know, what did they call all of the years before He got here? I said you call them before He got here.

BRENT: And so last night they finally included it right?

PHIL: They included it last night so we're makin' headway.





Tonight at 6:30 we will gather again for prayer. You are invited to join us or send us a prayer request via a comment. Please know that when we pray - the trust and believe in the power of God and we conclude our prayers "...in Jesus Name...Amen."

No comments: