Saturday, January 26, 2013

Preparing for worship

Tomorrow is once again going to be an awesome day at NRN !  God has placed a message upon my heart and I have taken several hours this week to study to show myself approved as a workman for the Lord to divide the Word of truth and prepare my heart to be clean before God to present His Word! 

As I prepare my heart for church I love to take the time to sing the worship set with no one but the LORD listening:

  
 









As I continue in the current teaching series, here is the theme of the message:

Paul, The Way & Demetrius, the Idol Maker
Acts Chapters 19 and 20 

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.  You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.            Exodus 20:4-6

 

Think about this command, and what “idols” you may be tempted to “worship.” What does it mean that God is jealous for you? Think about the fact that you matter to Him. He loves you!

No comments: