Monday, April 28, 2008

The Lord is my strength and shield

Today was our last staff meeting with Pastors Drew and Kevin. Our time today ended with a staff lunch at On the Border. In attendance with me was Pastor Drew, Pastor Kevin and Julie, Becky, Donna and Karen.



I want to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to Drew and Kevin for serving on the pastoral staff with me at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene.


The past nine months have been filled with times of transitions and challenges as well as spiritual blessings and some good times. I think we enjoyed the first pastoral "advance" within my first 30 days at the church. The events of Big Top in November, The Christmas Eve service and the Good Friday service would not have been possible without the hard work and leadership of Drew and Kevin. I will miss the interactions and the iron sharpens iron opportunities I had with Drew and Kevin.


My prayers go with them as the explore other opportunities of ministry in the days ahead. It was been a privilege to serve with them.




We were a little behind in announcing the prayer time scheduled in our Worship Center for this coming Thursday - May 1st as we join with millions of people across our country for the National Day of Prayer. I encourage those in the Triangle area that can join us from noon until 1:00pm to come for a meaningful time of prayer. Why join for a time of prayer? Take a few moments to watch this clip:



The theme verse for this year's national Day of Prayer is from the psalms of David.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 28:7 NIV

No comments: