Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rick's Ramblings for today

To the 7 people who commented on my last blog: THANK YOU! I recently made the comment to someone that I would not blog again until 7 people posted a comment on my last blog. Thanks for the comments and now for Rick's Ramblings.

My brackets may be busted but my team is in the final four! I'm talking about NCAA Men's Basketball. This has been a GREAT year to follow my beloved Tarheels!

Click HERE to see how the brackets unfolded.

Alyse is becoming a true Tarheel fan - She was just tired of all the cheering! This Saturday will be BIG as North Carolina faces the Kansas Jayhawks. To all my friends in Kansas I say: I miss you all and wish you well - but grab the crying towel on Saturday night for Kansas is playing a Roy Williams coached team from North Carolina!

Now I depart this subject ......

I wish to congratulate the newly elected members of the 2008-2009 church board at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene. Those elected this past Sunday include:


STEWARDS: John Watson; Joanie Richards; Randy Powers

CE BOARD: Karen Joslin and Rodney Rhoads

SUNDAY SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENT: Karen DeSollar

Returning members include: Bob Floyd; Gary Bennett; Andy Joslin; Brad Pope and Bill Shannon.

Our organizational meeting for the new church board is scheduled for Tuesday April 8 at 7:00pm


A time of transition begins:

This past Sunday marked the conclusion of the church year as we look with faith toward the next church year! On Sunday we heard the letters of resignation of Pastor Drew and Pastor Kevin. Pastor Drew has accepted a staff position at Mosaic Church of the Nazarene in Washington D.C. Pastor Kevin is continuing to pursue his degree from Duke Divinity School. The transition is underway. I have invited all the middle school and high school students to join me for Pizza with the Pastor on Wednesday night 4.09 and then a parents only meeting scheduled for Sunday following the service on 4.13. The purpose of these meetings is what I call a "listening tour" to gain insight and perspective as I seek God's plan for our youth ministry.

Some words of encouragement I recently spent time with:


You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You! Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock
(Isa. 26:3, 4 New Living Translation ).

People with their minds set on You, You keep completely whole, steady on their feet, because they keep at it and don't quit. Depend on God and keep at it because in the Lord God you have a sure thing
(The Message).

With perfect peace You will protect those whose minds cannot be changed, because they trust You. Trust the LORD always, because the LORD, the LORD alone,
is an everlasting rock
(God’s Word Translation).


These my friends are truly trustworthy sayings... PR

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I guess the KU-UNC game will be interesting, but it's almost unimportant since it only decides who will lose to UCLA in the finals!