Sunday, April 20, 2008

To know and to be known

Today was a great service at North Raleigh. As I followed up on my landmark sermon I shared part one of two on a series entitled FACEBOOK. Facebook clearly displays the need within each of us to be known and to know others. God has created us with a need to know others and be known by others and be known by God. God has designed us for intimacy with Himself and with others.

God created each of us with a longing for intimacy -- intimacy with Him. We must, therefore, come to some understanding of what He is asking of us and what He is offering. We must come to the realization that we were created to fellowship with our Creator. We need Him and He desires us. “God desires us?” Yes! He wants us, desires us. He gave the very best He had in His only begotten Son to redeem what Adam relinquished in the Garden. And He did it for intimacy. Intimacy never involves just one person. As the old adage goes, “It takes two to tango.” God has gone to great lengths to dance with mankind. From the time He walked with Adam in Eden to this day, His desire hasn’t changed. (Source: All about prayer.org)

I did my best to encourage everyone to be in a small group. I did show two :clips" with my message. Here is a clip that I did not show but found very interesting:




Some of the very first words God spoke in the Bible were "It is not good to be alone". We really do need each other. I have found it true in my perosnal life that the most significant life change takes place in small groups. Is there a good reason you are NOT in a small group?

No comments: