Thursday, April 3, 2008

Paul Newman Eyes



On Wednesday April 2nd at 11:00am Sharron and I arrived at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) office in Charlotte, NC for Sharron’s appointment with Homeland Security.



Earlier this year Sharron obtained her North Carolina Drivers license and was informed that her alien registration card (which she has carried since 1979) had expired. That began the process of application for a renewal of registration and many forms to be filed and documents secured. A prayer request about this meeting was placed on a prayer card during our March prayer vigil at North Raleigh.

When the appointment time came we were greatly encouraged. Sharron’s interview, finger printing and filing process took less than an hour. She will receive her new alien registration card within the next 90 days and this card is valid for ten years. We praise God for the ease of the process and the answer to our prayers!

A real benefit of the meeting taking place in Charlotte was the opportunity to visit with Josh and Stephanie for Tuesday overnight then having dinner with Danielle on Wednesday evening. Sharron and I are filled with joy because Stephanie and Josh have allowed us to bring Alyse to Raleigh for a short visit at Papa and Grammy’s house.


When we went out for lunch today Alyse wanted to walk around with Sharron. No less than four people stopped us today to ask how old she is and comment how beautiful she is. A lady at the grocery store mentioned how lovely her "eyes" are. She went on to say she thought Alyse had "Paul Newman eyes". Sharron said to me later she thought Alyse had Stephanie's blue eyes which came from my blue eyes - thus do I now have "Paul Newman eyes"? Uhmmmm


We have laughed a lot today as we hear the giggles from Alyse. It was good to look at Sharron and see her smile. I said the words and she agreed, we love our life here in North Carolina. Several people have called and emailed us letting us know that were praying about the meeting with Homeland Security CIS. These thoughts and prayers have meant a lot to us over the past few days.



I am looking forward to Sunday at North Raleigh as Terry and Joan Read - Missionaries of the Church of the Nazarene share with us. I am working hard on my message for the following week - believing God is stirring my heart with a landmark message for our church.


My prayer is to be "filled with the spirit of wisdom" as Joshua as recorded in Deuteronomy 34:9 It is from this text I am planning to begin next Sunday as we return back to the mountain top for a view to the future.

3 comments:

Christopher said...

I never knew that Sharron wasn't a US citizen!

Joanie Richards said...

I'm so glad all went well.

Richard said...

Glad the NCIS went well. As someone who is a Permanent Resident going for Citizenship I understand how stressful this process can be.