Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Prayer: More that just asking God for our needs


When you go to the Lord in prayer - What are you asking for?  I submit, we really need to be careful about what we ask from God. Sometimes we should just be still and know He is God.  Sometimes, we should stop asking and start thanking Him for all He is doing!  


Consider this little illustration:

What would you ask for if you found a genie-in-a-bottle and were granted three wishes that were bound to come true? If you could have three wishes fulfilled, what would you ask for?

Have you heard the story of a young man who found a genie-in-a-bottle? He is walking down the beach and comes across an old bottle. He picks it up, pulls out the cork and out pops a genie.

The genie says, "Thank you for freeing me from the bottle. In return I will grant you three wishes." 

The man says, "Great! I always dreamed of this and I know exactly what I want. First, I want one billion dollars in a Swiss bank account." Poof! There is a flash of light and a piece of paper appears in his hand with account numbers. 

He continues, "Next, I want a brand new red Ferrari right here." Poof! There is a flash of light and a bright red brand-new Ferrari appears right next to him. 

He continues, "Finally, I want to be irresistible to women." Poof! There is a flash of light and he turns into a box of chocolates.

Well…

We need to be careful for what we ask for…

…don’t we?

No comments: