Saturday, July 23, 2016

Preparing for our 2nd Sunday at Gastonia First Wesleyan!

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day at Gastonia First Wesleyan Church for my second Sunday as Lead Pastor.

I was thrilled last week with the outpouring of love and support by family and friends who sacrificed to join us last Sunday to encourage me on my first Sunday.

 In addition to these special people in my life I was so happy to see two new families from the local area who came to check us out!  My interaction with them this week was encouraging and I hope to see them return tomorrow to church.

This has been a BIG week with Vacation Bible School each night.  Each night we took the 2 hour drive to Gastonia during rush hour traffic for VBS. Kudos to Pastor Kelsey for her leadership and the phenomenal response of workers to provide a family supper each evening of this event. It was a great week as we welcomed many new families walking through the front door of our church.

Tomorrow is National Parents Day and we plan to seize the moment to welcome these parents to our church!


This coming week we continue in the transition. The projects for this coming week are to complete the work on my desk and begin the moving process to set up the office. Another major project is to begin the process to interviewing for the Office Manager position at the church.  We are developing the job description for the position and my goal is to have a recommendation for the church board within the next 14 days.

I appreciate those who have volunteered to help out and we will need help on a short term basis until an Office Manager begins their ministry with us.




Tomorrow I continue in the Teaching Series - A Church for Everyone with a foundational message on A Church for YOU. I am trusting the Lord for an anointing of the Holy Spirit upon the words God has given to me to share.

Also tomorrow, the church is planning a welcome for Sharron and I including a carry in meal. I look forward to the time of fellowship and interaction with more people from our church family.

God is moving in our midst. I am excited about the days ahead.  Sharron and I are longing to be in our new home in Gastonia.  The days of commuting are taking their toll on us. We love being with our family but it is time for us to settle a house into a home and establish a regular routine of office hours and ministry where God has led us!

Thank you for your continuing prayers.

No comments: